Looking for an effective way to promote your event, business, or organization? Don't forget what flyers, pamphlets, and leaflets can do for you and your business.
Our high-quality, full-color flyers can be printed and manufactured in a single or double-sided layout. Your design options are customizable and can be digitally printed in a variety of sizes: full-page, half-page, or quarter-page. These flyers can be printed in standard or premium stock and can be proofed for no extra charge - via a PDF - before the entire order is printed and sent your way.
Flyer Marketing: Pamphlets and Leaflets
All too often businesses find themselves on razor thin budgets dedicate dot marketing efforts and services. While this is understandable in today's difficult economic times, there are often cost-effective opportunities that can have a significant, positive impact that is "left on the table" due to a lack of education about that marketing tool.
One of those products is the flyer. Flyers - sometimes referred to as pamphlets or leaflets - are cheap ways of communicating a short, yet meaningful message to a large number of people in a short amount of time. With very little cost to you, flyers can considerably increase the exposure of your business in a target market and potentially pay a big return on your investment.
How to Design a Flyer
The beauty of a flyer is it represents a blank slate of creativity for how your business can communicate to both current and potential customers. New and existing customers can received extremely targeted messages using a flyer, and you're only limited by the dimensions of the sheet of paper.
There are many ways to create a flyer that is targeted and enticing for its recipients, however there are some general guidelines every business should follow when they make a flyer. Follow these five simple graphic design tips to ensure you're designing a flyer that's worth the initial investment and will help you make more money in the long run.
1) Focus on the message first. What's the main thing you're trying to communicate? Whether it's the time and place of a specific event, the advertising of a sale that's about to end in your retail store, or just a message welcoming a new customer, everything on the flyer needs to be geared toward that message. The design should be eye-catching, but not distracting. The headline should be large and well-written, but not so informative the viewer doesn't need to read the fine print. By focusing on the message first you ensure everything else on the flyer works in harmony with what's most important.
2) Go (full) color or go home. Full-color flyers are most effective because they give your brand the most professional look and the best chance to catch people's attention. While there is a time and place for black and white or partial color flyers, most of our clients choose the full color option and are 100% satisfied with the printing results.
3) Get to the point! As we said earlier, the message of the flyer is most important. Once the headline ropes the viewer in, make sure the copy gets right to the point! Don't beat around the bush, just tell the customer what you want them to know. Nobody wants to waste their time reading fluff copy.
4) Let your customers do the talking. A great feature to include in your flyer is a customer testimonial! When your customers are advertising your business instead of you, the general public takes notice. If you're trying to sell your flyer recipients on your business' products and services, using a customer testimonial is a great tactic.
5) Extra incentive goes a long way. Trying to get your customers to perform an action? Give them a reason to! How about letting them know your in-store sale is about to expire and if they bring the flyer in they receive 25% off? That's just one example of how investing in flyers can turn into additional customers and transactions in no time.
6) Who? What? When? Where? Why? As you near the end of your flyer design and construction, be sure the previous string of questions have been answered. If the basics of what you're trying to communicate isn't covered - and complimented by good design - you shouldn't be sending your flyer to print shop yet.
7) Proofread. Proofread again. Finally, proofread once more. There's no worse feeling than receiving your wonderfully designed flyers that were printed full-color on a premium stock with a gloss finish, and then seeing a spelling mistake. Time, effort, and money wasted. Please, please, please, make sure you proofread multiple times. And once you've finished your lengthy proofreading process? Go ahead and do it again.
Still need some design inspiration? This useful blog post collected 35 of the most eye-catching examples of flyer design.
These tips will help you design a flyer that's useful and effective as a marketing tool, but don't think you have to go the process alone! Our graphic design team as well as our flyer representatives will be happy to chat with you and help you each step of the way.
Fill out our contact form today and you'll be one step closer to printing as many high-quality, premium-level flyers as your business needs tomorrow!
Where Flyers, Pamphlets, and Leaflets Differ
Flyers are often one-page single or double-sided advertisements for a business or an event. So, why are we talking about them in the same sentence as pamphlets and leaflets? While they're different marketing materials, these three printed advertisements often share similar goals and messages. For example, the design tips we listed above would also perfectly apply to other marketing materials like pamphlets and leaflets.
Still confused about the differences between these products? Take a look at our definitions below and see if the situation your business is in calls for a flyer, pamphlet, or leaflet!
Flyer - A paper advertisement intended for free, wide distribution in a particular public place or geographic area.
Pamphlet - A short publication stitched or stapled together meant to inform the general public of a particular topic or event.
Leaflet - A small, flat or folded sheet of printed material, as an advertisement or reminder, usually intended for free distribution.
In short, pamphlets and leaflets are simply types of flyers! And here at Graphic Solutions, Inc. we can print and manufacture them all for your business today! Take a look at our product sample photographs below.